This foundational course, Introduction to Agile Analytics, explains the Agile approach in the context of data warehousing and business intelligence (DW/BI) projects, providing a helpful foundation for the other Agile Analytics courses that follow. Participants not only learn agile concepts and terms, but practice applying them to their own DW/BI projects in class.
Duration: One Day | Prerequisite: None
- Why do data projects need agile frameworks?
- What are the foundations of agile practices?
- How do agile foundations apply to DW/BI concepts?
- What are Scrum and Kanban; how do they differ, and which is more appropriate for my team?
- How do projects, programs and portfolios fit together in an agile framework?
- How to write a DW/BI user story.
- How to slice DW/BI development into small chunks of business value.
- How do agile teams test their data projects?
- What infrastructure is needed to successfully work in an agile framework?
- How does an agile DW/BI team get started?
- Why Agile?
- The Agile Manifesto: Guiding Values and Principles
- Agile Frameworks: Scrum and Kanban
- Agile Projects, Programs and Portfolios
- Requirements: User Stories
- Epics and Story Slicing
- Intro to Agile Testing Practices
- Intro to The Agile Infrastructure
- Getting Started: Iteration Zero
Learn More From the Instructor
This video features Agile Analytics instructor Lynn Winterboer. Here she shares some of the questions her students have shared with her about taking this course.
Schedule This Class On-Site
We travel to your location to provide the training you need. If you’d like to learn more about what we provide and the pricing involved, please fill out our on-site request form. We will receive your form and give you a call. No high pressure sales. We are here to answer any questions or curiosities you may have about potentially bringing Lynn in to train your team.