Testing drives Agile Analytics: Teams ensure clarity on acceptance criteria prior to working on a deliverable; engineers drive development based on the tests that need to pass to be “done”; passing tests confirm “done”; and automated regression tests prove “still done.”
This course explains the Agile testing approach in the context of data warehousing and business intelligence (DW/BI) projects. Participants not only learn agile testing concepts, but practice applying them to their own data-focused projects in class.
- How does testing an Agile project differ from traditional testing?
- How does an Agile data-focused team know when a deliverable is ready for deployment?
- What are some key database testing strategies?
- What is Test-Driven-Development (TDD)?
- How do data-focused teams automate their tests?
- How does a DW/BI team get started with Agile testing?
- Agile testing principles and practices
- Scrummerfall anti-pattern
- Data-focused “Definition of Done” and “Acceptance Criteria”
- Critical DW/BI testing points
- Database testing strategies
- Constructing test data
- Test-Driven Development (TDD)
- Behavior-Driven Development (BDD)
- Data-focused test automation
- Production-ready deliverables
Learn More From the Instructor
This video features Agile Analytics instructor Lynn Winterboer explaining why many data-focused teams don’t already automate their tests: [Video Coming Soon!]
Schedule This Class On-Site
We travel to your location to provide the training you need. If you’d like to learn more about what we provide and the pricing involved, please fill out our on-site request form. We will receive your form and give you a call. No high pressure sales. We are here to answer any questions or curiosities you may have about potentially bringing Lynn in to train your team.