Unlike conventional project management methods, Agile requires a highly adaptive and evolutionary approach that delivers chunks of value to the business every few weeks for feedback and acceptance. Proper Agile project planning and management is a foundation of Agile Analytics.
Agility calls for planning for what you know today and being prepared to adjust in the face of inevitable (and expected) change and uncertainty. Agile Analytics planning is a highly collaborative process that includes long range DW/BI road mapping to establish future vision, and short horizon planning of near term delivery projects.This course, Agile Analytics Program and Project Management, will walk you through collaborative program road mapping and project chartering sessions to introduce you to a set of effective practices for facilitating collaboration between technical team members, end users, and management stakeholders.
Duration: Two Days
Prerequisite: Introduction to Agile Analytics, or comparable experience.
- What is Agile Project Management and how does it differ from traditional project management?
- How to coordinate an effective and collaborative program road mapping session
- How to shape the initial vision for a program
- How to establish an Agile roadmap for program success
- How to establish the general scope and boundaries for the program
- How to use Innovation Games for ideation, convergence, and prioritization
- How to charter and plan an agile BI/DW project using the agile project management framework
- How to estimate and prioritize agile BI/DW projects and features
- How to map features, epics and stories into iterations and releases
- How Agile projects fit into corporate stage gates
- Agile Project Management (Flipping the Iron Triangle)
- Program Road-mapping
- Program Inception
- Project Chartering
- Sizing and Prioritizing Projects and Features
- Story Mapping and Release Planning
- Stage Gates
Data warehouse and BI project managers; directors and leaders; business users; architects, designers, developers, and administrators; testers; business intelligence practitioners; business analysts and product owners.
Schedule This Class On-Site
We travel to your location to provide the training you need. If you’d like to learn more about what we provide and the pricing involved, please fill out our on-site request form. We will receive your form and give you a call. No high pressure sales. We are here to answer any questions or curiosities you may have about potentially bringing Lynn in to train your team.